Jun 21, 2005
NO CHANGE HAS OCCURED IN THE APPLICATION. FEDERAL REGISTER NOTICE PUBLISHED MAY 11, 2005; NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE TO APPLICANTS.
|cost sharing, matching:
|number of awards:
|type of funding:
The purposes of the Youthbuild Program are to:
1. Provide economically disadvantaged young adults with opportunities to obtain an educational experience that will enhance their employment skills, as a means to achieving self-sufficiency;
2. Foster the development of leadership skills and commitment to community;
3. Expand the supply of permanent affordable housing for homeless and low- and very low-income persons by providing implementation grants for carrying out a Youthbuild program;
4. Provide disadvantaged young adults with meaningful on-site training experiences in housing construction and rehabilitation that will enable them to render a service to their communities by helping to meet the housing needs of homeless persons and low-income families; and
5. Give to the greatest extent possible, job training, employment, contracting, and other economic opportunities to low-income young adults.
Who can apply:
Eligible functional categories:
Opportunities for Youth_Youthbuild Program
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
Department of Housing and Urban Development, Office of Departmental Grants Management and Oversight, Administration